xPLTH - Thorens Base Platform
Custom Absorber plate for Thorens® Turntables:
For TD316/318/320/321 select option "TD3xx"
For TD160/166/165/145/146/147 select option "TD1xx" but check caveats below
Complex absorption with different materials on 2 layers:
- 5 absorber elements under your LINN®
- 3 height adjustable absorber feet
- Construction Overview:MDF Base matching the Linn Base
- Massive wooden frame
- Integrated damping with Sorbothane®, cork and natural rubber
- Three height adjustable absorber PRO* feet with a second aluminium ring at the bottom (double damping)
- Integrated damping under the Thorens® with 5 absorbers
- Four absorbers under the feet of the Thorens®
- One absorber positioned centrally under the base plate of the Thorens eliminates the negative vibrations of the standard base plate
Important Note: the TD1xx Platform is only compatible with the THORENS TD160, 166, 165, 145, 146 & 147 turntables. HOWEVER, our platform is NOT compatible with the THORENS TD160 SUPER, TD160 S Mk IV and Mk V turntables. Please verify the width of your THORENS turntable base - it should be 43cm.
New PRO* feet: Through a very fine adaptation of these aluminium rings & the absorber material, horizontal vibrations are reduced further - the end result is improved overall absorption efficiency. These horizontal oscillations are mainly caused by the speakers in the room.
Installation: Dismount the original feet of your Thorens. 4 replacement screws are enclosed. Place your turntable onto the bFly-audio absorber base - job done! Pictures show the bFly-audio Turntable Record weight which is an optional extra.